This 6 week parenting course is designed for families with children up to the age of 12. Based on the book, Positive Discipline by Jane Nelson, EdD, it allows parents and caregivers to go through the process of re-evaluating how you view your child's misbehavior and your role as parents.
What Does this Course Teach?
- Is kind and firm at the same time. (Respectful and encouraging)
- Helps children feel a sense of belonging and significance. (Connection)
- Is effective long-term. (Punishment works short term, but has negative long-term results.)
- Teaches valuable social and life skills for good character. (Respect, concern for others, problemsolving, accountability, contribution, cooperation)
- Invites children to discover how capable they are and to use their personal power in constructive ways.
Why Join a Parenting Group about Positive Discipline?
Learn tips and tools from Hannah Reed, NCC and child therapist. Learn and share from the experiences of other parents.
Cost for this six week program is $150 for one parent, $200 for couples. The book can be purchased through us for $13 or you can purchase your own. Classes will be held on Saturdays beginning in November. Space is limited so enroll now!
For futher information, contact Hannah Reed, NCC.