Are You Struggling with Post Traumatic Stress?
Post Traumatic Stess is a term used to describe symptoms that can be the result of many different kinds of trauma. Perhaps you experienced or witnessed a life-threatening event.
- Since then, do you feel anxious or dread and you just can't shake those uncomfortable feelings?
- Do you avoid places and people because you do not want to be reminded of that event? Or do you avoid people so you don't have to talk about it?
- Have you lost interest in activities that you normally enjoy?
- Do you have difficulty making decisions, even simple choices like ordering off a menu?
- Is it harder to focus than it used to be?
- Do you think about your day-to-day tasks and think, "What's the point?"
- Are you more irritable than you used to be? Sadder?
- Do you (or others) think you should "be over it by now" but you cannot stop feeling stuck?
- Or maybe the event happened in the past but suddenly, you can't stop thinking about it and you're experiencing some of thes other symptoms.
Maybe your trauma was more chronic and prolonged, like growing up in an abusive household or being the victim of domestic violence or human trafficking. In that case, you may have experienced all the above symptoms and maybe also:
- Feel like you cannot speak up for yourself or make choices based on what you want
- You may not even be sure what you want, how you feel, without checking in with someone else first
- Your relationships may be unstable
- Your emotions may sometimes feel like they're out of your control.
We Can Help
At Marietta Counseling Center, our therapists are trained in specialized trauma care such as EMDR, Trauma-Focused CBT (talk therapy), and other therapies proven to address the emotional and physical impact of trauma.
Most importantly, we provide a safe and supportive environment where you can explore your experiences and heal.
What to Expect
- We will get to know you and your personal needs.
- We will teach you methods you can use to make your days better.
- We will face the monsters with you and put them in their place.
- We will help you move into a world where you are free to live in the here and now and find joy again.
If you are interested in learning more about trauma therapy or scheduling an appointment, please contact us today.